Saturday, November 19, 2011

Roughing in


Well it was cold and damk here today so I got some serious stick work done.  I finished roughing in the wolf head stick and I roughed in the market stick with the Border Collie head on, what i guess we can call the "chin".  Lots of work with the dremel and the big belt sander to get this far.  I get to a point where i just have to stop because the sawdust is just overwhelming even when i have the shop vac hooked up to the big sander. I guess its about time I put up some pictures of my little shop shed so its clearer what i am talking about. Perhaps that will be tomorrows post as I rarely work on sticks on Sundays as I am usually to busy with herding lessons.

 The next step for these two sticks  is carving of the wolf and dog head respectively.  That's probably going to take a few days then it will be time to get down to some serious sanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment